On Thursday, 20 October 2016 at 21:25:50 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
Minor update to mysql-native: A client driver for MySQL/MariaDB
written natively in D from scratch via the published protocol
specs, with no dependency on the C MySQL client library.
Supports either Phobos or Vide.d sockets (works with or without
- New: Test suite automatically tests with both Vibe and Phobos
sockets, not just Phobos. (@Abscissa)
- Change: Drop support for DMDFE 2.066.1 and below. Compiles on
DMDFE 2.067.1 through 2.072.0.
- Fixed: Fix an import deprecation message for DMD 2.071.
- Fixed: #57: Added support for passing null parameters in
prepared statements by using Variant(null) (@machindertech)
- Fixed: #63/#69: Add escape module to package import (@Marenz)
- Fixed: #68: Update alias syntax (@Marenz)
I know I've said docs and examples are a top priority for
mysql-native, but it's become clear that the API is in serious
need of a refresh, so for the most part, I've held off on the
docs this time to avoid wasted effort documenting
Unless any pressing issues appear, expect the next release to
be an experimental branch showcasing a beta of a new API. If
possible, I'd like to have at least one release where the old
API is still functional, but deprecated.
Please consider to look at the APIs of the other mysql libs,
maybe there is one
which you can use. I found it easier to use the APIs of mysql-d
(https://github.com/paxa/mysql.d) but mysql-lited
(https://github.com/eBookingServices/mysql-lited) looks more
enhanced. But here too:
Documentation is not ready yet
I would be very happy, if in the end there would be only one
superior mysql-lib for D, so
all can work together to improve this one.