On 10/30/2016 08:51 PM, Mike Parker wrote:
> So far, getting content for the blog has, with a few exceptions, been a
> process of sending out emails prompted by activity on my radar.

Thank you and please continue doing that. I would have never thought of contributing to the blog if you hadn't contacted me with an idea.d

I have an article request for anyone who is considering writing something, which was prompted by a recent thread[1]. There are many functions in Phobos that can be used for searching and parsing: The ones in std.algorighm like find, findSplit, splitter, etc.; a few in std.range like some members of SortedRange; some in std.array like split; some in std.string like indexOf; and of course std.regex; and more...

It's likely that some of those are redundant or less efficient compared to others. There must be some simple guidelines to prefer one over the others. I would enjoy reading such an article. :)

Ali

[1] http://forum.dlang.org/thread/iygdxteveaykhiauo...@forum.dlang.org