Am 23.11.2016 um 21:32 schrieb Timon Gehr:
On 23.11.2016 11:15, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

    scope (exit) { assert(n > 0); }
    {
        n += 1;
    }

This is not a counterexample, because the block statement following the
scope statement is not part of the scope statement. I.e. if anything, it
is bad that this looks similar, because it is grammatically different.

The function body isn't part of the "in"/"out" contract either. I don't see the point here.

(Also, in my code there are usually exactly zero block statements nested
directly in block statements.)

The whole topic in general so far seems to be mainly hinged around personal taste (me included). Not sure if we'll be able to reach consent for anything but option 1.