On Tuesday, 6 December 2016 at 01:08:19 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 12/5/2016 5:36 AM, Mike Parker wrote:

I took the liberty of posting the above to the reddit topic.

As always, postings on reddit will get less than half of the potential traction unless there's a comment explaining why the user should bother to click on the associated link.

Your excellent work is wasted unless this is done :-(

Thanks. I've noticed that when I leave such comments they initially get a number of upvotes, but in some cases they get downvoted over time. So now I've taken to only leaving them on posts where I can't come up with an obvious title for the reddit link. I have no way to say what sort of impact it has on traffic from reddit, though. Certain types of posts get more than others and I can't see any correlation with explanatory comments.