On Sunday, 11 December 2016 at 11:33:40 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
On Sunday, 11 December 2016 at 07:52:28 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-announce < digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:

[...]

Why is #line obsolete? I use it a lot in string mixins to make the correct line numbers show.

In the compiler it is. Last Fall I asked and I've got for reply that is was useful in the past to debug mixins, in the compiler itself. I didn't know that people use it. Anyway it doesn't change anything.

DIP 1003 is faddish. It would really be better to have a system that would allow any keyword to be used as identifier. An escape system is the key.

It would also allow to interface to libs written in another language exporting a D keyword as symbol. I have no example here but I can imagine this happening quite easily.