On Monday, 9 January 2017 at 13:42:01 UTC, Mike wrote:
On Sunday, 8 January 2017 at 22:14:36 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

1) -fno-rtti should be a flag that is honoured by the compiler.

The more I think about it the more I dislike the whole idea of -fno-rtti. All I've ever wanted from the D compiler is to not put code in my binary that has not chance of ever being used. Or, to generate it in a way that can be garbage collected by the linker.

I've actually come to the same conclusion. Different combinations of compiler flags for different codebases is just a recipe for pain. We already have things like nothrow, and I'm pretty sure we can solve at least most of the problem just by exploiting language features to do what you said.