On Saturday, 7 January 2017 at 15:58:43 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 01/04/2017 08:06 PM, Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
C++ integration has disappeared? Is this now "done"?

We have a student on that. I've added a line for that to the doc. -- Andrei

I did a lot of work on C++ name mangling for D so feel free to introduce me to the student. I can probably save her/him a lot of time.

After *many* attempts it seems the only way to get this right is to look at how clang does it and replicate the logic (starting point https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang/blob/google/stable/include/clang/AST/Mangle.h)

The state of my research on mangling so far are summed up here
https://github.com/gchatelet/gcc_cpp_mangling_documentation

I also have a bunch of failed experiments branches:
- https://github.com/gchatelet/dmd/tree/new_cpp_mangle
- https://github.com/gchatelet/dmd/tree/new_cpp_mangle2
- https://github.com/gchatelet/dmd/tree/new_cpp_mangling2
- https://github.com/gchatelet/dmd/tree/more_mangling_tests

Unfortunately I couldn't spend more time on this :(