On Wednesday, 4 January 2017 at 19:22:33 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
We release a brief Vision document summarizing the main goals we plan to pursue in the coming six months. This half we are focusing on three things: safety, lifetime management, and static introspection.

https://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2017H1

Andrei

Is there a design document for how D will achieve safety with nogc? How does D plan to prevent leaks, use-after-free, double-free bugs when not using the GC?

Will @nogc also have first class support in the language?
Afaik the GC is currently needed for language features like array concatenation. Will features like array concatentation still work with @nogc? GC allocations have a keyword 'new' (afaik 'new' currently never means anything other than GC allocation). Will we be able to do @nogc allocations by the 'new' keyword?

Is the same code always expected to work with/without @nogc?