On Wednesday, 18 January 2017 at 21:57:42 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 1/18/17 5:29 PM, Mark wrote:
I see. Is there a way to call invariant() of a class/struct directly? That would obviate the need for a particular predicate (copy the class state, run the setter, check if invariants are satisfied and restore
previous state if they aren't).

It seems painfully obvious the right way is a guarded assignment and anything else would be a more or less painful workaround. -- Andrei

I agree. I'm just a bit unsettled by the slight code duplication that would ensue.