On Thursday, 9 February 2017 at 09:49:53 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
In any case, shouldn't it be an uphill battle to merge things? There are a lot of things that need to be satisfied to merge something. Being too hasty leads to legacy code that we come to regret, angry people whose code was broken, and technical debt.

There's a difference between it being an uphill battle because review and feedback are careful, cautious, in-depth and strict (as they should be!), versus it being an uphill battle because no feedback or interest is being offered and PRs are left to bitrot. :-(

I accept that there are a lot of things that need to be satisfied to merge something. Personally speaking, I'm willing to endure any number of rebases and conflict-fixes, so long as I'm getting feedback and engagement that allows my PR to become better code. It's when I'm _not_ getting any indicators as to what needs to be satisfied that things become problematic.
          • Re: tw... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: tw... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • R... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • R... Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • R... Jon Degenhardt via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: two po... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: tw... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • R... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Daniel Kozak via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: tw... Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • R... Mike via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Questionnaire Mike via Digitalmars-d-announce