On Thursday, 9 February 2017 at 19:42:03 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
On Thursday, 9 February 2017 at 19:36:52 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
Good idea! Please investigate how to get github to generate such emails. In the meantime, the PR guidelines are here:

We gave this a try a couple of months ago with Facebook's mention-bot:

Example: https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4318#issuecomment-241817191
Repo: https://github.com/dlang-bots/mention-bot

Eventually I disabled it because people complained about the added noise.

This is already somewhat done with the PR bot we have. The DlangBot notifies reviewers on the DMD repo, but not Phobos for some reason. All it does on Phobos is auto close bugzilla issues when a bug fix PR is pulled into master.

It does a bit more (e.g. since a couple of weeks it can also automatically merge PR once all CI status checks pass)

I say enable the bot for Phobos. It would be a small task to also have the bot post the PR guidelines.

As mentioned above, the bot is already enabled and it receives all interesting hook events from Phobos, see e.g.:

https://github.com/dlang-bots/dlang-bot/blob/master/source/dlangbot/app.d#L124

I think Martin is the maintainer of the bot.

You can find the code here:

https://github.com/dlang-bots/dlang-bot

  • Re: Questionnaire Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Questionnaire Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • two points Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: two poi... Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: two... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... evilrat via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Jon Degenhardt via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce