On Thursday, 9 February 2017 at 19:58:57 UTC, Seb wrote:
We gave this a try a couple of months ago with Facebook's mention-bot:

Example: https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4318#issuecomment-241817191
Repo: https://github.com/dlang-bots/mention-bot

Eventually I disabled it because people complained about the added noise.

It's great that you gave this a go. Seriously, people considered one small informative post in the PR to be "added noise"? :-(

Out of curiosity: is it typical that it would not post until some way into the discussion (as in that example)? I could see why it would be irritating if it popped up once discussion and review had already started happening.

Assuming that the bot can be relied on to be 'first responder' to any PR, I'm happy to try to draft an alternative text for it to post (and maybe also look at what texts it can link to).
  • Re: Questionnaire Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • two points Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: two poi... Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: two... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... evilrat via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Jon Degenhardt via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce