On Thursday, 9 February 2017 at 17:28:47 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
I would probably say libraries is most important. Mir is a great advance. I've been applauding your work all the way through. There are two things that I think Mir needs most (and we've talked about them before as things you were thinking about) and then a third is a nice-to-have
1) A higher level layer with more convenient syntax for Mir-Glas
2) Lapack support (eigenvalues, svd, & cholesky/qr decompositions) 3) D compute support (would be nice to easily offload big computations to GPU)

number 3 is in the pipeline. LDC should be able to produce .ptx and .spv (the intermediate formats for CUDA and OpenCL respectively, with host code all at the same time!) RealSoon™ (I hope by the end of the month).

From there it's all just plain D API bashing, which will be easily automated with .mangleof and templates.

I am hoping to give a DConf talk about this.