On Wednesday, 8 February 2017 at 18:27:57 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
1. Why your company uses  D?

  a. D is the best
  b. We like D
  c. I like D and my company allowed me to use D
  d. My head like D
  e. Because marketing reasons
f. Because my company can be more efficient with D for some tasks then with any other system language

No, my company does not use D.

2. Does your company uses C/C++, Java, Scala, Go, Rust?

C#, C++, Java - ordered by %usage

3. If yes, what the reasons to do not use D instead?

- no decimal data type;
- no i18n;
- no GUI;
- IDE support;
- lack of "batteries included" experience;

We are following D for long time. The initial idea was "Look, ma', there is something like C# that compiles to native". Once Tango (which looks a lot like C# standard library) was dropped and was replaced by phobos, my team lost the interest, I'm the only one right now using D for pet projects.

2. Have you use one of the following Mir projects in production:

  a. https://github.com/libmir/mir
  b. https://github.com/libmir/mir-algorithm
  c. https://github.com/libmir/mir-cpuid
  d. https://github.com/libmir/mir-random
  e. https://github.com/libmir/dcv - D Computer Vision Library
  f. std.experimental.ndslice

Most of the apps we develop are in the financial domain. Didn't find any use.

3. If Yes, can Mir community use your company's logo in a section "Used by" or similar.

4. Have you use one of the following Tamedia projects in your production:

  a. https://github.com/tamediadigital/asdf
  b. https://github.com/tamediadigital/je
  c. https://github.com/tamediadigital/lincount

5. What D misses to be commercially successful languages?

- IDE;
- IDE;
- IDE;

6. Why many topnotch system projects use C programming language nowadays?

I truly don't know.

Thanks,
Ilya