On Monday, 13 March 2017 at 11:33:42 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
On Monday, 13 March 2017 at 11:08:51 UTC, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
On Friday, 10 March 2017 at 16:31:53 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
On Friday, 10 March 2017 at 15:19:51 UTC, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
Hi dear D community!

We wanted to share with you some nice news and big milestone: we are (finally!) going completely public with Ocean development!

From github page:
General purpose, platform-dependant, high-performance library for D

You missed it :)

I don't get this. What did I miss exactly? :)

Your OP doesn't say what Ocean does.

Right, the library itself was announced a long time ago here but maybe I shouldn't assume people in this forum don't change (and it has good memory, I know I don't :D).

Extended description, in case is useful:

Ocean is a general purpose library, compatible with both D1 and D2, with a focus on supporting the development of high-performance, real-time applications. This focus has led to several noteworthy design choices:

* Ocean is not cross-platform. The only supported platform is Linux. * Ocean assumes a single-threaded environment. Fiber-based multi-tasking is favoured,
  internally.
* Ocean aims to minimise use of the D garbage collector. GC collect cycles can be very disruptive to real-time applications, so Ocean favours a model of allocating resources
  once then reusing them, wherever possible.

Ocean began life as an extension of Tango, some elements of which were eventually merged into Ocean.