On Wednesday, 19 April 2017 at 13:03:23 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
The registration deadline for DConf 2017 is just around the corner (this Sunday). As a fun way to remind you, a handful of past attendees have shared some anecdotes of their experiences.

I've personally attended two conferences and watched (portions of) two on livestream + IRC. If you've never been and haven't yet registered, I can't emphasize strongly enough how much more fun and rewarding it is to be there in person. If you've got the time and the means, just do it!

And also: