On Thursday, 27 April 2017 at 03:12:19 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
On Thursday, 27 April 2017 at 02:59:16 UTC, JamesD wrote:
RDUB is a front end for DUB, a D language build tool. It's designed to build a single source file specified on the command line, without having to edit the dub files: dub.json, dub.sdl, src/app.d, source/app.d

What advantage does this have over `dub --single`?

Great question, Mike!

The advantage is that rdub does not require a recipe comment in the source file.
Many projects have standalone examples, few with recipe comments.
With rdub, you just enter the command and it runs, no need to edit the source or dub.sdl

I'm still learning D, so if there is a different way to use --single, please let me know!

Ref: https://code.dlang.org/getting_started

From what I can tell, the --single requires a recipe comment in the source file:
/+ dub.sdl:
        name "hello"
+/

Here is what I get without the recipe comment in the source file:
  dub --version
  DUB version 1.2.0, built on Jan 22 2017
  dub run --single hello.d
  The source file must start with a recipe comment.