On Sunday, 14 May 2017 at 19:11:32 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
On Sunday, 14 May 2017 at 17:54:38 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2017-05-14 18:25, Walter Bright wrote:

1. print out the offending line

I hope this one will be optional/configurable. I don't think it necessary to print the offending line within an editor/IDE. They usually can already map the error to the offending line.

Yes +1 for configurable. IDEs already parse and make things clickable. It's not just +1, it's mandatory. If you implement this you must add a new compiler switch.

Can't the IDE remove the line itself if it troubles him? I don't think such a small thing should burden the compiler with a flag just for the sake of a tool.