On 2017-05-15 05:06, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:

Also the default colours chosen by the developer usually work well for
the them and their (and if you are lucky reviewers) terminal settings
and are totally useless for a huge section of using audience (most of
whom remain silent for various reasons). Take Git for example. I end up
having to run:

git … | more

to get rid of the colours. The default colours might work for the Git
developers but fail dismally for me. I cannot be bothered to get into
the detail of how to change the Git colouring so I use more to get rid
of it.

If you want to completely remove the colors in the Git output, add this:

[color]
    ui = off

To ~/.gitconfig

--