On Monday, 15 May 2017 at 15:40:58 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
That's why such needs to be turned into a generic module, instead of constantly being reinvented.

What I'm saying is that it IS a generic module... in fact, there's several of them:

http://code.dlang.org/search?q=color

colorize, consoled, rainbow, and drlutil are all competing in this space. My terminal library (which is also included in the consoled dub package) is another.

Now, I don't think you should use a library for this. Basic console color output is trivial and not worth the cost of a dependency (especially not a fat one like mine, which is full-featured console stuff when you just need simple color)... but I also don't think you should add yet another module to do it out there in public.