On Monday, 15 May 2017 at 08:08:20 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
On Monday, 15 May 2017 at 04:33:39 UTC, ketmar wrote:
On Monday, 15 May 2017 at 03:09:09 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 5/14/2017 7:44 PM, ketmar wrote:
sorry for being rude,

Then please do not post rude comments. We expect professional decorum here.

sorry. i never got any money for using D, so i'm certainly not a professional ('cause professionals are the people which get payment for their work). sorry again for polluting NG with my unprofessional writings. i will stop doing that immediately after this post.

Rude or not, I think ketmar is right...

He may be right that working on something harder like better error messages for template constraints would be more useful, but Walter likely needs to work on some easy stuff once in awhile too, and this colored syntax will help. Git just enabled colored highlighting of branch commits for git log and I've found it useful.

I didn't think he was rude- he did say sorry several times in the original post, expecting this response for his criticism- but misguided to criticize this change, for not always matching the user's settings, and to always expect Walter to work on the hard stuff. Everybody needs to mix in some easy stuff, including Walter I bet, to stay motivated and get some easy wins.