On 5/16/2017 7:17 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
So again it is NOT color that bothers me. It is OVERUSE of color for stuff that
isn't important to read the message which dilutes the meaning of color. It isn't
special anymore.

Perhaps. I know I have some trouble distinguishing code from explanatory text in error messages, particularly when the code looks like english, as in:

    error: undefined identifier maybe

Colorizing code distinguishes it from text.

The initial color choices I picked are garish on purpose, it's to try things out. I expect to change it to more muted ones (turn off the intensity bit at least). It's also possible to use underlining.

I'm working on the next PR that will auto-detect if Adam is running the compiler, and will highlight code with blinking text.