On Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 22:56:15 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
I just finished the PR to remove the builtin array properties .sort and .reverse.

That's nice! Finally, we could get rid of the awkward reverse() or sort!() in UFCS chains while all the rest don't need the parentheses.

while the dmd changes were trivial fixing all the broken tests were not. Even tests that were supposed to call std.algorithm.sort turned out to use the property by accident; (because of a small error which caused the sort template not to instantiate).

So, the process exposed latent bugs in the tests, which is another indication that the change is a Good Thing. I wonder how the deprecation message didn't make it happen sooner though.

Ivan Kazmenko.