On Thursday, 1 June 2017 at 19:31:28 UTC, Joakim wrote:
The beta release of ldc 1.3, the llvm-based D compiler, is now out:

https://github.com/joakim-noah/android/releases

It is accompanied by a non-trivial sample app from the Android NDK, ported from C++ to about 1.2 klocs of D: the classic Utah Teapot (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_teapot), updated with mobile touch controls. This app also demonstrates calling Java functions from your D code through JNI, though most of it is written in D.

There are two builds of ldc, a cross-compiler that you can use from a linux/x64 shell to compile to Android/ARM, and a native compiler that you can run on your Android device itself. As I pointed out last year, not only is ldc a large mixed D/C++ codebase that just worked on ARM, but it is possible to build arbitrarily large Android apps on your Android device itself, a first for any mobile platform:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/ovkhtsdzlfzqrqneo...@forum.dlang.org

This is the way the next generation of coders will get into coding, by tinkering with their Android devices like we did with Macs and PCs decades ago, and D is one the few languages that is already there.

I will write up instructions on how to write an Android app in D _on_ your Android device by using ldc and the Termux app, and get ldc into the Termux packages, a package repository for Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux&hl=en

Congratulations, Joakim!
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/6eqv46/write_mixed_dc_android_apps_even_build_them/
and news.ycombinator.com