On 7/7/17 9:51 PM, Mike Parker wrote:
On Saturday, 8 July 2017 at 01:28:59 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 7/7/2017 4:35 PM, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
It's an intrinsic in LDC. We can certainly drop the per platform and move to a per compiler definition instead.

It's already there under:

    version (DigitalMars)

I read this as CRuntime_DigitalMars, which prompted a search that led me to a page at MSDN on _alloca, which gave me a compiler error when I prototyped it, which led to my prototyping alloca for CRuntime_Microsoft and finding success, which has now confirmed my worry that publishing without a review was a bad idea. I've updated the post. Thanks!

Ha! as someone who doesn't regularly develop on Windows, I didn't even test.

I should have known better, as I've used alloca in druntime, and that wouldn't work if it didn't build on Win64.