On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 at 00:47:04 UTC, Jean-Louis Leroy wrote:
I don't know R but after a trip to Wikipedia it looks like it.

J-L

R is listed as one of the languages with built-in support in this wiki link. I searched for multiple dispatch because I was familiar with the similar feature in julia, and that's how they refer to it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_dispatch

An excerpt statement from this wiki page is :
" dynamically dispatched based on the run-time (dynamic) type or, in the more general case some other attribute, of more than one of its arguments"

Based on the 'some other attribute', I wonder if the library could conceivably be extended to dispatch based on the User Defined Attribute info

https://dlang.org/spec/attribute.html

@('c') string s;
pragma(msg, __traits(getAttributes, s)); // prints tuple('c')