On Wednesday, 19 July 2017 at 15:56:06 UTC, Jean-Louis Leroy wrote:

Among other things, the mixin introduces two functions in the module's scope: the function the user actually calls (the "dispatcher"). E.g. it creates a times(double, Matrix) when it sees a times(double, virtual!Matrix). It also declares a "discriminator" function which is used to locate which method the specializations (the @method funcs) relates to (it has to deal with overloads - there are two "times" methods). This has to be done for every module that contains method declarations (virtual!) or implementations (@method). That's why it has to be a string mixin (at least until we have static foreach) and be called in the matrix etc modules, not in module openmethods.

I see what you mean. It only works per thread, not per module.

What you really need is some kind of module constructor.