On Sunday, 23 July 2017 at 18:10:25 UTC, Basile B. wrote:

Configuration Options
===> The following configuration options are available for coedit-3.u.3_1: ====> Options available for the single LCL: you have to select exactly one of them
    GTK2=on: Use gtk20 interface
    QT4=off: Use qt4 interface
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

What does that mean exactly ? Do you propose to the user to build Coedit themselves with optionally the QT interface ?

Yes, I do. Coedit can be compiled with gtk2 or qt4 interface from FreeBSD ports. For the while just one of them can be selected. I'm thinking split lazarus based ports to app-gtk2 and app-qt4 respectively (It will generate binary packages too on FreeBSD package servers). Maybe after of lazarus 1.8 release.

Look Coedit(gtk2/qt4)screenshots running on FreeBSD at

https://people.freebsd.org/~acm/ports/coedit/

Greetings