On Thursday, 3 August 2017 at 04:40:05 UTC, Matt wrote:
Also note, one of the main advantages of Eigen is the whole lazy evaluation of expressions for compound operations.

I haven't dug in the source, but it's my understanding it's done through a lot of compile time C++ template hacking

Yep, there's a lot of operator overloading and other C++ black magic. DCompute should be able to do some of the out of the box with the lambda kernels to get some data locality. I'm also in the process of integrating Polly (LLVM's polyhedral optimiser) into LDC to get great loop optimisations.