On Saturday, 29 July 2017 at 06:54:47 UTC, Prasun Anand wrote:
Hi,

I wrote a Linear Mixed Model tool for Genome Wide Association Studies(GWAS) called [faster_lmm_d](https://github.com/prasunanand/faster_lmm_d). It is built on LDC and is faster than its Python alternative. Also, its the only GWAS tool with a GPU
backend.

I am interested in porting ` faster_lmm_d` to Ruby. Though, it is still a work in progress, I have written a blog about my findings.

Blog: http://www.prasunanand.com/gpu-computing/2017/07/25/gsoc17-calling-d-from-ruby-for-gpu-computing.html

I would love to hear your feedback.

Regards,
Prasun

[Previously posted on LDC thread: http://forum.dlang.org/thread/rzrawenyssbiidsgt...@forum.dlang.org]

I don't know much about your work but it sounds like an interesting application for D. How easy was it interfacing with cuda? Was it just cuda you targeted or would it also work with OpenCL? What made you choose D over going straight to C to work directly with cuda?