On Thursday, 24 August 2017 at 17:20:20 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:

In any case, Jean-Louis Leroy did some magic recently to support multiple dynamic dispatch in D. :)

http://forum.dlang.org/post/cigbfrgipbokyetsk...@forum.dlang.org

I haven't seen this. I'll have to get back to you when I have read it.

I wouldn't expect it to be that useful for univariate distributions as you wouldn't have much reason to have a different implmentation at run-time. However, it might be useful with multivariate distributions for the same reason that you might want to specialize matrix math by the size of the matrix.