On Thursday, 24 August 2017 at 23:50:21 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:
I find OOP-polymorphic types ultimately unsatisfying, but I don't know of anyway to write, compile and load a D script with new types and methods on the fly into the same session.

That is why binding membership and polymorphism together is a historical wrong turn. CLOS had it right but the world followed the Simula/Smalltalk path because of a nice metaphor (objects sending messages to each other).

My openmethods library allows you to add methods "from outside" and also supports dynamic loading: you can add new methods to existing classes and new classes to hierarchies that have methods. See the blog post that just came up.