On 28/08/2017 9:06 PM, Jean-Louis Leroy wrote:
On Monday, 28 August 2017 at 12:31:20 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
On 28/08/2017 1:19 PM, Mike Parker wrote:
Jean-Louis Leroy posted about his open methods library here in the forums some time ago. Now, he's written a blog post that explains what open methods are, and describes the D implementation and how it compares to his C++ library.

The blog:
https://dlang.org/blog/2017/08/28/open-methods-from-c-to-d/

Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/6wj0ev/open_methods_from_c_to_d/

Neat. Good to see articles in support of TypeInfo/ClassInfo!
I do wish we extended it for full reflection capabilities though...

Agreed.

Andrei suggested using rtlInfo but AFAICT this requires building a custom druntime. It would be easy to support this method in addition to 'deallocator' and 'hash' but I suspect it would not be a very popular option.

Maybe we could have a void*[] in TypeInfo and a global integer index that extensions could use to allocate entries?

Instead of hacking new features in, we should work on a full redesign.
Clearly its needed between TypeInfo not cross the dll boundary on Windows (yay no classes!), -betterC and of course full reflection that we can do significantly better in this department.