On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 18:48:58 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:
I suspect the reason you can't have parametric typed array containers in statically typed compiled languages is that underneath, they are doubly/linked lists, and there is no way of resolving the types at the end of the array, and allowing appending at the same time ... someone correct me if I am wrong.

The only other way would be to create a wrapper interface and classes for each type you want to include in the array, which takes you back to sub-type (OOP) polymorphism.