On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 21:30:29 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 20:40:38 UTC, Jean-Louis Leroy wrote:

After mulling over this example, I don't see how this proves that Julia does *not* support run time polymorphism. On the contrary.

In that case you are right! Julia is doing run-time polymorphism and dynamic multiple dispatch ... because there is no sense in which compile time types exist. Functions are pre-compiled but types are always run time. Phew, I think got there in the end