On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 22:10:38 UTC, Jean-Louis Leroy wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 21:30:29 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:
In the light of this I think your package just became more interesting to me.

I think that your work and mine are complementary :-)

Yes, one of the problems I have been trying to solve is the best way of writing a table structure similar to a data frame in R. Till now polymorphism never really appealed to me but with your package writing methods for such structures become much nicer, a simple prototype could be this:

```
import std.stdio: writeln;

class GenericVector{}
class Vector(T): GenericVector{
        T[] data;
        this(T[] data)
        {
                this.data = data;
        }
}

void main()
{
GenericVector[] myTable = [new Vector!double([1., 2., 3.]), new Vector!string(["a", "b", "c"])];
        writeln(typeid(myTable[0]));
        writeln(typeid(myTable[1]));
}
```

Then your openmethods package can dispatch on these types of objects. Very cool!