On Thursday, 31 August 2017 at 23:21:03 UTC, Jean-Louis Leroy wrote:
On Thursday, 31 August 2017 at 21:42:50 UTC, EntangledQuanta wrote:
It's fixed now, in master and in release v1.0.0-rc.2.

I'll check it out. I don't think the last errors I was getting were due to the sizing issues though, so is that all you fixed or was there some other stuff related to windows?

Only size issues. Two lines in fact, see https://github.com/jll63/openmethods.d/commit/b63a88132e639bb23bb7cb305f4457450f865c6a but errors can cascade. I ran a few examples using the current dmd on Windows. Worked OK.

It would be nice to have the Windows equivalent of dev/run-everything, maybe someone can PR me that?

I'll try again at some point. I haven't got around to messing with it again. I was testing it out on something and ran in to those errors, fixed them, then ran in to some more and just went a different direction. I will try to start using them more at some point as I think the concept, at least, can be useful. I haven't used it yet though to know just how useful. I like how it extends object functionality without having to mess directly with the objects. I think the more complex the project the more useful they become. What is good though is that one can mingle oop and openmethods and finding a proper balance should result in a simpler design.

Yeah, but one should always be allowed to shoot themselves in the foot.

I agree, wholeheartedly. In C++, yomm11 has macros that you can use to make a specific override or an entire method friend of a class. But alas no friendship in D.

Yeah, D does some weird things. For all it's power it just screws the pooch in certain cases that really casts a shadow on what might be a great design. Usually there are work-arounds, but they always fill like a kludge and require an excessive amount of code to do something that could be done very simple, all in the name of XXX(whatever XXX is: backwards compatibility, "safety"(no guns on the beach! PERIOD! Even if the beach is full of alligators! We don't want anyone shooting anyone else! Better that they be eaten by alligators!), or some other "excuse").