On Saturday, 21 October 2017 at 18:20:13 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
D Fibers

Ali will present a shorter version of his DConf 2016 talk:

  http://dconf.org/2016/talks/cehreli.html

D's fibers (coroutines in other languages) are not a part of the language but a feature implemented by the D runtime.

This talk should be fairly accessible to new programmers even without a CS background as it will explain the function call stack as well as context registers, concepts necessary to understand how fibers are useful at all.
Ali

Nice. I won't be there, but I really liked the talk about multitasking you gave at DConf 2016. I never heard of coroutines before it, so it pretty much blew my mind how easily you can iterate on several trees (simultaneously) with them.