On 10/23/2017 4:44 AM, Martin Nowak wrote:
On Saturday, 21 October 2017 at 22:50:51 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
Coverage would give:

1|    x = 2;
2|    if (x == 1 || x == 2)

I.e. the second line gets an execution count of 2. By contrast,

1|    x = 1;
1|    if (x == 1 || x == 2)

Interesting point, but would likely fail for more complex stuff.

1| stmt;
2| if (api1 == 1 && api2 == 2 ||
        api2 == 2 && api3 == 3)

There would be a separate coverage count for line 3 which would be the sum of counts for (api2 == 2) and (api3 == 3).

Generally, if this is inadequate, just split the expression into more lines.

The same thing for for loop statements and ?:

Anyhow, I think the current state is good enough and there are gdc/ldc for further coverage features.