On Friday, 3 November 2017 at 17:17:04 UTC, kinke wrote:
Hi everyone,

on behalf of the LDC team, I'm glad to finally officially announce LDC 1.5. The highlights of this version in a nutshell:

* Based on D 2.075.1.
* Polished LLVM 5.0 support (now also used for the prebuilt release packages).
* Prebuilt ARM-Linux package available again.
* New command-line option `-linker` and ~25 new advanced ones for codegen fine-tuning.
* Bugfixes, as always.

Full release log and downloads: https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.5.0

Thanks to all contributors!

[LDC master is at v2.076.1, so LDC 1.6 won't take long.]

Great work by the LDC team! Thanks to all the LTO work in 1.4 and 1.5, the Travis-CI builds of the eBay TSV utilities are LTO enabled for Phobos & Druntime as well as the application code. This is for both Linux and OS X builds. Couldn't do that before the LDC 1.5 release.

The OS X executables are materially faster with the end-to-end LTO support. I haven't benchmarked the Linux versions yet. It would be very interesting to have get benchmark numbers from other apps, especially those making material use of phobos.