On Tuesday, 14 November 2017 at 13:08:14 UTC, Adrian Matoga wrote:
On Saturday, 11 November 2017 at 08:54:54 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
On Saturday, 11 November 2017 at 08:43:32 UTC, Adrian Matoga wrote:
On Friday, 10 November 2017 at 18:27:36 UTC, Nathan S. wrote:
About package
Linux system call numbers for different architectures. That's all.

Was there anything wrong with https://code.dlang.org/packages/syscall-d ?

From it's readme:

    Supported Platforms:

i.e. x86[_64] only.
mir-linux-kernel has all the supported archs.

Still, I would first try to submit a PR to syscall-d, and only go for a new package if syscall-d owners refuse to extend the list of platforms. Now we have two different packages that are supposed to do the same but have different arbitrary limitations.

The goal of this package is linux support, and the code is autogenerated from Linux sources. It may include other linux kernel headers in the future.

I don't see any problem here. The syscall-d can import mir-linux-kernel if they want to have the best linux support and provide something for other OS.