On Thursday, 21 December 2017 at 12:43:51 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2017-12-20 11:31, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
Would this work in all cases? Do tls variables work across Linux shared libraries?

As far as I know it works on Linux and FreeBSD, but it doesn't work on macOS. I don't know about windows.

Just to clarify, that's true for for DMD only – TLS should work just fine on macOS with LDC.

Do we expect all dub libraries to have correct export annotations once export goes live?

No.

There would probably have to be some sort of compatibility flag to avoid breaking all libraries on systems where symbols are visible externally by default (Linux, ...).

 — David