On Saturday, 6 January 2018 at 05:02:48 UTC, Jon Degenhardt wrote:
On Wednesday, 3 January 2018 at 13:12:48 UTC, Seb wrote:
tl;dr: you can now use special D docker images for CircleCi 2.0

[snip

PS: I'm aware of Stefan Rohe's great D Docker images [1], but this Docker image is built on top of the specialized CircleCi image (e.g. for their SSH login).

One useful characteristic of Stefan's images is that the Dockerhub pages include the Dockerfile and github repository links. I don't know what it takes to include them. It does make it easier to see exactly what the configuration is, find the repo, and even create PRs against them. Would be useful if they can be added to the CircleCI image pages.

Oh, thanks for the hint! I added a link back to the repo:

https://github.com/wilzbach/dlang-docker

(FYI: the link was in my post)

My interest in this case - I use Stefan's LDC image in Travis-CI builds. Building the runtime libraries with LTO/PGO requires the ldc-build-runtime tool, which in turn requires a few additional things in the docker image, like cmake or ninja. I was interested if they might have been included in the CircleCI images as well. (Doesn't appear so.)

Nope, it's not. Here's the list of the packages pre-installed:

https://github.com/wilzbach/dlang-docker/blob/master/circleci/dlang.docker

However, CircleCi gives you sudo rights by default and can simply add:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install cmake

Note that the CircleCi Docker image was motivated to test PIE-hardening with DMD, but it's still WIP:

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/7579