On Saturday, February 10, 2018 21:10:28 Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
> On Saturday, 10 February 2018 at 18:57:53 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > On Saturday, February 10, 2018 16:14:41 Jacob Carlborg via
> >
> > Digitalmars-d- announce wrote:
> >>
> >> This is great news! Have you run any benchmarks to see how it
> >> performs?
> >
> > Kind of. I did some benchmarking to see if some code changes
> > would improve performance, but I haven't tried benchmarking it
> > against any other XML libraries. That would take a fair bit of
> > time and effort, and IMHO, that would be better spent finishing
> > the library first. Also, ldc's latest release is only up to dmd
> > 2.077.1, and dxml needs an improvement that got added to
> > byCodeUnit in 2.078.0, so any benchmarking that wants to do
> > something like compare dxml with a C/C++ parsing library while
> > taking the optimizer out of the equation isn't going to work
> > yet unless I fork byCodeUnit for dxml until we get another
> > release of ldc.
>
> ldc master uses the latest 2.078.2 frontend and stdlib, you could
> always build it yourself:
>
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L54
> https://wiki.dlang.org/Building_LDC_from_source

That's good to know. Thanks.

If I get to the point where I want to do more benchmarking before ldc does
another release, I'll build it myself, though depending on when I reach that
point and when ldc plans to do another release, it may or may not end up
being necessary.

- Jonathan M Davis