On Wednesday, 21 February 2018 at 10:54:11 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 10:24:41 Paolo Invernizzi via Digitalmars-d- announce wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 February 2018 at 10:15:48 UTC, Jonathan M Davis

wrote:
> [...]

Was there a DIP for that?

No, and I have no idea whether Walter approved of it or knows anything about it. He may be fine with it, or it may be that another compiler dev merged it, and he didn't notice. The list of DIPs is here, and this definitely isn't one of them:

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/tree/master/DIPs

When suggestions like this have come up in the past, some of us have been against the idea, and others have loved the idea, but until this beta was released, I had no idea that anyone had actually gone and implemented it.

- Jonathan M Davis

Face palm. Hmm.