On Friday, 23 February 2018 at 02:31:34 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

We deprecate stuff when we need to, but every time we deprecate something, it breaks code (even if it's not immediate breakage), so the benefits that come from a deprecation need to be worth the breakage that it causes. Every D program on the planet which isn't completely trivial uses imports, and many of them use selective imports. So, you're talking about breaking a large percentage of the existing programs for a syntax change. That's not likely to go over well. Large breakage like that can be acceptable when it clearly fixes bugs but not just for aesthetics.

- Jonathan M Davis

yeah I do agree. I'd prefer no change. I don't really see the need.

On the otherhand, if change is coming, lets make it a sensible change ;-)