Regardless, I doubt that the design of ranges is going to be changed at this
point given the amount of code that would break as a result, and these sort
of changes are not backwards compatible.

I sometimes think we would be better off to drop InputRange, and base everything on the assumption that it can be copied (where isInputRange is renamed to isForwardRange, and `save` goes away). Then you could use @disable postblit to mimic what InputRange would have been.

I've never seen the point of having classes be ranges.

-Steve
  • Article: Why Const S... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Article: Wh... H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Article: Wh... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Article... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Article... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Article... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Art... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Art... SimonN via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Art... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Art... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce