On Sunday, 11 March 2018 at 16:15:22 UTC, rumbu wrote:
On Sunday, 11 March 2018 at 14:37:28 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
And this clarifies the source of your confusion. The D programming language is an open source project, not a for-profit company. D is not the language you're looking for.

There are 3 years since C# is also open source project. Last week 72 pull requests form 24 contributors were merged on ~master. And this is only for Roslyn (the C# compiler).

The difference (at least for me) is that contributing to C# is a no-brainer. Contributing to D needs an advanced degree in computer science. Using the information on the D wiki didn't helped me until now to successfully compile and test a fresh copy of dmd or phobos.

I contributed to phobos for the first time for the release 2.079.0. Experience was smooth and also I learnt many new things from the review comments. I was able to follow wiki page to compile phobos or compile one specific module. Please let us know the issue faced, so that wiki can be improved.