On Friday, 6 April 2018 at 12:26:36 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
Congratulations to Zach Tollen and everyone who worked on DIP 1009.

Thanks. People reading the announcement should know that this DIP was almost completely the result of a team effort. My original draft was subject to significant and valid criticism, and in the ensuing forum discussion, the participants collectively revised the entire proposal, using an idea by H.S. Teoh. Then, in rewriting the DIP, both Mike Parker and Timon Gehr were indispensable in meeting the writing standards required for a highly technical DIP. If the process permitted giving the latter two credit as DIP authors (which it didn't!), I would readily have done so without hesitation. Thank you both.

I think we've now given Design-by-Contract a really good chance of becoming commonly used in the D wild. Let's see what happens!

- Zach