On Saturday, 7 April 2018 at 16:10:41 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
What's the philosophy around accepted DIPs containing multiple suggestions/alternatives. For example, this DIP mentions three alternatives for the "out" syntax [1], it's not crystal clear which one was actually accepted.

I think the philosophy is just that it's good to record the thought process which led in the final suggestion. The DIP does recommend syntax option 3 for "out" contracts, which is also the only one described in the grammar. This could be clearer, but now I want to change the language spec, which obviously matters a whole lot more, now that the DIP has been accepted.